Trying to clean the inside of my laptop

Centsicles

Apr 17, 2024
Hi,i really really want to clean the inside of my laptop my model is a

HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 (2D119AV)

Unfortunately my dad wont let me clean it because "You dont need it",its been 2 years since i got it and i havent cleaned the inside ever.It has a m2x6 screw and a m2.5x6 screw,i can basically handle all the other screws except that one,my dad has a special screw driver stored in this locker which is basically right next to him and makes a noise whenever i open it,and the screw driver is in a box,my dad is practically home every hour of the day,Is there any way i can remove those screws without a special screw driver?

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
In this case i'd listen to your father. A 2 year old standard retail laptop does not need internal cleaning after only 2 years. (unless you live in a very dusty environment).

And no, you need the proper screwdriver or you'll risk stripping the screw. Also it's not just taking out the screws, you have to use a tool to go around the edges of the laptop to release the clips.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Don't break what isn't broken. Just hit the heat vents with some compressed air if you are that concerned.

Reactions: Thump553