Trump NY indictment thread

Page 71 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
Quote: "A corrupt and crooked Judge".
Due to the gag order, shouldn't Trump be imprisoned for what he just said?
Someone here stated $1k was the max fine per violation in that district.
He is not going to jail. There is no chance a Judge will put him in jail.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I made a snide comment on one of the Trump loving YT channels about him and his court case. A MAGA replied "at least he doesn't get lost and fall trying to get off a stage like FJB"

That seems like not a great argument. Before he hopefully goes to prison, it would be lovely if he fell on camera while getting off a stage.

And as for Trump saying he has a plan about the judge threatening him. His plans work out terribly for him. I suspect it'll be a real life episode of Tennesse Tuxedo where Tennesse says "Tennesee Tuxedo will not not fail!" every episode, and without fail it always ends with him failing. Although Tennesse's actually semi smart and Trump is fat and stupid, so I guess that would make him Chumly.

Last edited:

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
I feel the financial cost to put him in jail is too high for the taxpayers

House arrest with zero communication… only with his lawyers and what he wants to eat

Reactions: hal2kilo

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
I feel the financial cost to put him in jail is too high for the taxpayers

House arrest with zero communication… only with his lawyers and what he wants to eat
Lol him without his cell phones. But how to restrict his staff from posting on his behalf?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Don't get me wrong, he wants to be jailed for a few hours, it adds to his victimization role play.
So what happens if he gets a full week, even a few weeks or a month?
Flagrant disregard for the gag order seems like it should warrant more than a few hours in jail (basically doing a grandpa Simpson of walking in, turning around, and walking out)

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The fact the Dems put in a geriatric that looks old and frail as fuck, whose eyes barely look open, with absolutely terrible negatives and approval ratings, because they feel that's the best the entire Dem party could produce in this very fucking existential election, is pretty pathetic. I don't care how fair the criticism is or not about Biden's age, in some ways it is valid of course, but definitely overdone and way too focused on especially vs Trump's dementia, but this is how politics works. It's not always fair. This is the political model we exist in, and have existed in, and the fucking Dems should know this. Perceptions matter. And Biden is not making it four years either. He has his moments like at the SOTU but that is not enough. Some people think this is crazy to say, but people do need to be inspired, especially when facing evil, such as the Trump party. Yes Biden is a good man, he has done good things with the cards he was dealt, but we are dealing with the irrationality of humanity here. Any political party who didn't expect that to happen and Biden's age and frailty becoming a big focus, is stupid.

With these two old farts running, I mean anything can happen between May and November at this point. Either of them could take a deep dive health wise, let's say Trump, and Biden could win easily, but he could also lose. Other things can happen. And it's not a tiny chance either, because guess what, there's this thing called the Electoral College, Biden's popular vote margin means literally nothing. Hate to break it to people but in an election when it's turnout based in a small amount of states, you gotta drive turnout with groups that don't always turn out well. For the Dems that would mean younger people. Unfortunately, supporting ethnic cleansing and massive war crimes is not the way to do that. As anybody who has read history knows, the kids are anti-war.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic
Feb 4, 2009
Guys our Justice System and people who enforce it simply is not up to the task of taming a guy who has money and now power like Trump. Everyone else lacks one of those two items.
No way Trump is going to jail, no way he will reign in his social media postings because he knows there is only downsides to him not posting and complaining which to his damaged mind he feels completely correct in doing so.
The best reasonably possible outcome is someone has to review his postings before they post. However a Judge is not going to have the balls to do this and there will be few consequences to Trump for skipping review.

Edit: *if* he looses the election Republicans will dump his ass and maybe then we will see real punishment for his actions. That’s a huge maybe but it will be possible. They all know he will be far too old for the next cycle. Even Trump knows this and he will like attempt to make a deal.

Last edited:

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I think Trump wants jail. He will use it to rile up his base - "look how unfair this is, they're putting me in jail before the trial is even over blah blah blah."

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Any confinement that is a result of violating the gag order will likely be deferred until completion of the trial.

Unless he comes out and does something completely heinous like calling for assassination of a witness.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Any confinement that is a result of violating the gag order will likely be deferred until completion of the trial.

Unless he comes out and does something completely heinous like calling for assassination of a witness.
I think procedures for bringing jailed suspects to court for their trials are pretty well established. There would be no reason to defer a contempt sentence.

I think the jailed martyr thing sounds much better in concept than it would be in practice for Trump.

Reactions: dank69

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Who knows. My record for predicting Trump has been dismal.

Some lawyers I've watched/read think he is indeed going to push things in order to get put in jail. Looking for outrage and sympathy and of course funding.

Are you allowed to have your phone in the clink? If somehow he did get sent to the "little house" for a few days with a phone the social media posts would be EPIC.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
No, you are not allowed to have a phone in jail if you are an inmate. That doesn't mean inmates haven't had phones.