NOTICE - PC builders, when asking for input on YOUR projects Please Tell us...

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thisawesomeguy

Mar 12, 2013
1.Gaming
2.$1500 - $1700
4.I am not buying any parts outside the US
3.US
5.I am completely plan on fine with any brand you choose.
6.I have no current parts i will be using.
7.I do plan on overclocking
8.1080p resolution
9.End of august or begining of september
10.Microsoft Office

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
1.Gaming
2.$1500 - $1700
4.I am not buying any parts outside the US
3.US
5.I am completely plan on fine with any brand you choose.
6.I have no current parts i will be using.
7.I do plan on overclocking
8.1080p resolution
9.End of august or begining of september
10.Microsoft Office

No, you want to copy and paste the first page into your own thread. If you go to your thread, at the bottom of your post you'll find an edit button.

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010
my friend referred me to this, is this actually useful?
my current specs are

intel duo 2.4ghz quad core
radeon 6670 1 gb ddr5
6 gb ram

Please make your own thread and also post answers to the questions in this thread's first post

hcbl

Mar 28, 2013
Hi, I have a 3 year old ASUS republic of gamers g60jx laptop. Intel i5, Geforce GTS 360M cuda 1GB. At first it was awesome but for some obvious reasons it's not as awesome as it once was. I've been saving money to build a really good gaming computer; the problem is that I don't have the knowledge to put together all the hardware is needed. Want to be able to run any today's game at ultra-maximum setting with a really good FPS. In general a computer with high performance and great gaming video quality.

Things I'm looking for: (within the $2,000 budget)
- Best CPU (Pure gaming, no video or audio editing)
- Best GPU
- Best Motherboard
- Best CPU cooler system
- Best Memory RAM
- Best Boot Drive SSD
- Best PSU (power supply)
- Best Optical Drive (doesn't have to be a Blu-Ray)
- Storage Drive (Would like to have at least 1T)
- This case -> Cooler Master HAF X (if you think is good enough)

Don't need:
- Mouse
- Keyboard
- Speakers
- Monitor (using a 46" LED Full HD 1080x1920 120hz 3ms samsung tv)

I would like to be able to overclock, but not sure if it's necessary. Not buying any parts outside the US. I'm willing to stretch up to around $2,200 if necessary.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Sleepingforest

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2012
Hey, can you make your own thread and answer all the questions at the beginning of this post? Yours is pretty thorough, but it helps for you to have your own thread (it gets more attention) and answer the questions in the order and format they appear in.

As preliminary advice, I say look at mfenn's "Attention Mid-range System Builders" thread, and then add in an i7-3770K (anticipating more multithreading in future games) and a 250GB SSD like the Samsung 840 non-Pro. The case you chose is very pricy and doesn't offer much over, say, a Phantom 630 (which has most cases beat in temperature and acoustic performance) or a Fractal R4 (for the subdued, silent case enthusiasts among us).

Last edited:

gofalcons1

May 30, 2013
1. What YOUR PC will be used for. Video editing/web design/Photoshop

2. What YOUR budget is. $1200

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from. USA

4. IF you're buying parts OUTSIDE the US... N/A

5. IF YOU have a brand preference. No preference just want the best.

6. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are. Currently have all peripherals

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds. Default speeds.

8. What resolution, not monitor size, will you be using? Currently using 1080p 50in TV as monitor

9. WHEN do you plan to build it? June 2013

X. Do you need to purchase any software to go with the system, such as Windows or Blu Ray playback software? NO

Sleepingforest

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2012
Welcome gofalcons! For the most attention, you should repost this exactly into a new thread in General Hardware.

fastcat314

Jul 14, 2013
I haven't built a pc in over 10yrs so bare with me. I want my pc to be used for surfing the internet, and a dvr. My budget is cheapest thing possible so I will be buying my parts off of Craigslist, lol (and I'm serious).

I found this mb XFX 8200 Geforce motherboard and a amd phenom II 965 cpu. I will have 4gb of ram and reuse my current hdd (SATA interface) and cdrom drive. I may need a new case but ill work that out.

And occur matters I have regular basic cable, no box... And I need the dvr card to be able to record local station hd. And ESPN. Lol I need thus puppy built before football season. And my 55" tv is my monitor

Thanks in advanced, and I'm in the us of a. ;)

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010
fastcat314, this is not actually a help thread. You're supposed to copy the template from the original post and post the answers to the questions in your own build thread :). Besides, you'll get more answers in your own thread than by posting here.

Spandana

Apr 7, 2014
1. My PC will be used for maya, real flow, after effects and premiere primarily.
2. My budget is 1500$
3.i will be buying parts in the US
4. From a microcenter
5. No specification on brands
6. I wont be using any of the current parts
7. Default
8. Pretty high res projects. Sometimes till 3K
9. Right away
10. I need not

Last edited:

mfenn

Elite Member
Jan 17, 2010
www.mfenn.com
1. My PC will be used for maya, real flow, after effects and premiere primarily.
2. My budget is 1500$
3.i will be buying parts in the US
4. From a microcenter
5. No specification on brands
6. I wont be using any of the current parts
7. Default
8. Pretty high res projects. Sometimes till 3K
9. Right away
10. I need not

Welcome to the forums Spandana! To get a good response, you should post your own thread with those answers.

animest4r

Jun 20, 2014
Newbie here. Just joined yesterday! I would appreciate someone's help on this new build. Hopefully i got all the information you need for this build. I thank you in advance for the help.

I need to build a new pc for myself after my amd phenom 2 black died last week after 5 years. It ran 24/7 since i built it. I have Coolit ECO ALC as my processor cooling. I have the Cooler Master CM690 case and i have 4 140mm fans on it and 2 120mm fans.

Now i want to build an Intel PC this time around. And i would like this PC to last me 5 years or longer (sort of Future-proof) so if i want to upgrade i can upgrade within 2-3 years. I can re-use my case, hard-drive, keyboard, mouse, monitor. I Would like to use SSD for my Operating System. My monitor is an LG Flatron W2052TQ with a Native Resolution of 1680 x 1050. When i watch Videos (Game of Thrones) i plug it to my LG TV using HDMI. I will be using this PC for Gaming (Counterstrike), Watching Videos, Downloading Stuff, Listening to Music as well as plugging my guitar for recording using my Line 6 UX2 Digital Guitar Interface.

1) Gaming, Watching Videos (G.O.T.), Listening to Music, Download, Recording Guitar Tracks

2) $650

3) Canada

4) NCIX, Newegg, whatever you recommend! By the way, i have no accounts with any of these vendors

5) Intel (not a fanboy), Nvidia or ATI (whichever you think is better)

6) I will be re-using my Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, PC Case, Hard-drive (2pc 1TB, 1pc 2TB, 1pc 3TB)

7) I will run Overclock if i am playing games otherwise it will run in default speeds.

8) i have no idea what resolution i will use for it. Maybe the resolution of my monitor (1680 x 1050) or i might use 1024 x 768.

9) ASAP (Yesterday)

X) I have my own Windows 7 Software. I would like a recommendation of a great Blue-Ray drive/writer.

rehbo

Oct 1, 2014
Looking to build my first gaming pc. Want to use it mainly for arma 3/dayz. Here is a kit on newegg that i was interested in. Tell me what you think. MOBO, MSI Radeon HD 7770 1GB, G.SKILL 8GB MEM, Seagate 1TB HDD, SAMSUNG 24X DVD Burner, Rosewill 600W PSU, ZALMAN Z11 PLUS Case

1.Gaming
2.500-650
3.USA
4. Looking at newegg but don't care for any specific site
5. Whatever will give me a bang for my buck
6.only monitor

7.no
8. I dont know the current resolution on my monitor
9.within a month
X. I have windows 7

mfenn

Elite Member
Jan 17, 2010
www.mfenn.com
Looking to build my first gaming pc. Want to use it mainly for arma 3/dayz. Here is a kit on newegg that i was interested in. Tell me what you think. MOBO, MSI Radeon HD 7770 1GB, G.SKILL 8GB MEM, Seagate 1TB HDD, SAMSUNG 24X DVD Burner, Rosewill 600W PSU, ZALMAN Z11 PLUS Case

1.Gaming
2.500-650
3.USA
4. Looking at newegg but don't care for any specific site
5. Whatever will give me a bang for my buck
6.only monitor

7.no
8. I dont know the current resolution on my monitor
9.within a month
X. I have windows 7

You should post this in your thread instead of here because people don't look here for the answers.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I have a suggestion that might be asked in addition to question 4:

If buying from within the USA, do you live near a Microcenter?

Because we all know it is going to be asked of those within the US, nearly 100% of the time.

zuberkhan12

Dec 25, 2014
Hey Guys ... I am planning to buy a PC my budget is 25 to 30 thousand Indian Rupees .. Please Help

i am planning to buy FX 4300 processor
OR FX 6300

rest are on you guys (graphic card is not included in this). i will buy graphic card later because of budget issue

THANK YOU

heymrdj

Diamond Member
May 28, 2007
EDIT: Sorry thought I was making a new thread, but it was a reply instead.

Last edited:

niss

Sep 2, 2012
I am looking to potentially upgrade my system soon. I currently have a gaming laptop. I mostly play older games (wow, dota2, d3, various strategy games) on it but I have had to lower the settings to enjoy things.

I'm currently looking at the ROG G20 at this particular local vendor (canada)
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX54326

Is this a reasonable choice? What would it cost to build an equivalent plain desktop system (using options available at same vendor as I don't want to deal with online sites) because I'm not that attached to this smaller set up?

Thanks a lot!

Edit: just realized I better make my own thread

Last edited: