Question Cable Management

RC

Golden Member
Jun 23, 2000
First computer build in 11 years.

Is this the only necessity? Don't allow any cable to block your air flow.

Do I need to buy velcro straps?

My new PSU is modular.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
What case do you have? With modular PSUs and newer cases, cable management is pretty easy. MOST new cases come with velcro straps and/or zip ties to attach cables to the case.

RC

Golden Member
Jun 23, 2000
What case do you have? With modular PSUs and newer cases, cable management is pretty easy. MOST new cases come with velcro straps and/or zip ties to attach cables to the case.
Meshify 2 case. Flower Power atx 3.0 and it is modular. My PSU does not come with velcro straps.

I was hoping someone would give me a link to the Velcro I should get from Amazon. It is my understanding that I will not need Velcro tape because I will not be using a fan controller taped to the mobo backplate for a fan controller.

I am not a PC builder therefore I only need a small amount.

I will be using the 3rd and 4th HDD spot in the Meshify 2 case so I now think I might need velcro,

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2005
If your case didn't come with any, any thing Velcro strips could work (search for Velcro ties). I usually just use plastic zip ties - they're cheap and thin, and can often anchor to narrower points than Velcro strips. Long ago, I picked up a big bag from a hardware store or Newegg. It's since run out, but most PSUs, cases, and motherboards come with a few, so my supply is still okay after all these years.

The biggest thing for cable management is routing: try to find the shortest, logical routes, and try to hide the longer parts of the cable runs behind the motherboard. Use the case cutouts.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
If your case didn't come with any, any thing Velcro strips could work (search for Velcro ties). I usually just use plastic zip ties - they're cheap and thin, and can often anchor to narrower points than Velcro strips. Long ago, I picked up a big bag from a hardware store or Newegg. It's since run out, but most PSUs, cases, and motherboards come with a few, so my supply is still okay after all these years.

The biggest thing for cable management is routing: try to find the shortest, logical routes, and try to hide the longer parts of the cable runs behind the motherboard. Use the case cutouts.
Probably 90% of my cables behind the motherboard are secured with zip ties. They're cheap, small enough to work in tight places...and easy to replace if you need to do so.

Reactions: Brainonska511